the skinny

Sometimes it's easy to lose touch with the person you want to be, or simply the person you are. Often it's school or work or a major life event that steers each day; eventually our pathways transform and lead us in a direction that is unknown and not always comfortable. I've found the past two years to be the most difficult in defining what it is I truly enjoy doing each day. Taking chances and making changes have helped me discover what that is.

I was reminded recently by my very loving friends and family that life is not about what you should or shouldn't be doing, it's about finding your way + ultimately discovering what you truly love. For me, happiness and liberty drive passion. Passion is like spice, without it life is just so bland. When aspects of life become unbalanced or bland, we're all forced to question which pathway to take. My choice, or pathway isn't short or straight.. it's intricate and involves a balanced life of adventure and a feeling of comfort.

I've neglected lipstickskinny for many months now - yet again trying to find the voice that has always carried my thoughts. Things have shifted recently and I'm finally finding my way again. Some adventures teach you lessons for life, others teach you how to shift. Shifting, for me, is the action of taking literal time and changing what you do with it. Boston is still my home and fashion + art still have my heart, but it's the wonderful balance of life that brings me to a place of completion. I stopped dancing two years ago, left my dance company four years ago.. these seemingly small shifts depleted my feelings of artistic comfort. This taught me not everything should be left behind; our lives can need different things at various stages. I will be the first to admit: when you truly love something, hold onto it. If you don't, shift. Life is too short to say goodbye to the things that drive you.

Although choosing our pathways in life can be scary [we all admit that], each day is here for us to find our balance. I find it between, during and throughout dancing, styling, traveling, laughing, loving and living in this beautiful city we get to call home.




Find your balance + keep smiling,
xx

Comments

Popular Posts