Last night behind the Park

For the past two years, I have lived behind Fenway Park. Home to the Boston Red Sox, Fenway is a landmark with a long, heart-wrenching history.. a place of wonder for so many Bostonians (and the ones from afar). Jim and I didn't anticipate for our first place together to be next to Fenway. We randomly found a rough-condition, barely-affordable apartment in a location I never thought I'd come to love in so many ways.

I'm a Bostonian, so naturally I'm a Red Sox Fan. Hearing live games from our bedroom windows was crazy and every home game was everything you think it would be: loud, vivacious and always surprising. The cheers and music from the Park eventually became white noise and most nights we would fall asleep before the a game came to an end.

The coolest part about living behind Fenway was having far-away tickets to every concert. Attending a live show inside Fenway is amazing, but lifting our windows all the way up and sitting on the edge of our bed with beers in hand, listening to the most iconic and popular musicians.. it was truly so cool. We had such inspiring, unexpected musical experiences in our first home together. I grew up playing music, so having the opportunity to listen closely to live shows so often was thrilling.. and mighty comfortable since our seats also included our living room couch.

I am so excited for a new chapter, which starts with our new home. Although I will miss experiencing the Park in some way every day, it's a unique, invaluable memory that is just another part of Fenway's history, or maybe just of ours.

One of the best sunsets

Zac Brown Band at Fenway, our third time but first of this year.

Balloons for the birthday boy (you're never too old)
We also loved the light.



xx

Comments

Popular Posts