boston shopping: downtown crossing


Boston Crossing has gone through monumental changes over the past hundred+ years and today it is no less vivacious or mysterious. My first year of living in Boston, I was planted on Tremont street, across from the Boston Common and around the corner from Washington. Although many people say that Downtown Crossing isn't the safest place to be, it has helped me with a very stylist few years. Downtown Crossing is home to DSW and Macy's, not the most innovative of retail, but certainly helpful for women in Boston with a fairly tight budget + high end taste.

The secret to feeling chic and being stylish, is to wear what feels right and do so with confidence. Downtown crossing can be a treasure chest of beautiful, timeless pieces only if you have a little time and a lot of patience to find it. DSW and Macy's were my list of destinations today.. although I must say that H&M has been so good to me, particularly with the Isabel Marant collaboration last Spring. It was divine!

DSW is a sea of shoes, one that you need to swim through to find your jewel. I keep my eye out for classic cuts and basic colors. Trends come and go, but if you stick to your central style and focus on timeless shapes, then you're bound to find a shoe that is just what you're looking for. I have been craving another pair of pointed toe booties that aren't five inches tall. Last Spring I picked up a pair from Via Spiga and they've given my look the update it needs. They're comfortable for half the day and I need a shoe that gives me comfort all day long. Today I discovered a pair of pointed toe booties at DSW from Steve Madden. I'm so in love that I'm thinking about purchasing them in another color. Sometimes a shoe is just so good that you need more than one pair. Every Boston girl knows how harsh these pavement and cobble stone streets can be on our beloved leather and suede shoes. I went with the black color of course - who doesn't love a chic pair of black booties? Now that it's fall, I will be living in them.

My mother has brought me to Macy's for so many years. She would traditionally do her Christmas shopping + shoe shopping with them. When I was nine, I finally got to visit the Macy's in NYC and I thought it was the coolest and most wondrous place [aside from Saks on 5th]. When I go into Macy's in Boston, it gives me a nostalgic and loving feeling - just like how I felt when I discovered my love of style in NYC, roaming the many floors of Macy's.
I typically go to Macy's for lipstick, perfume and the occasional piece of jewelry. I needed the world's best facial cleanser, so the Chanel counter was my stop for the afternoon. In addition to facial cleanser, which is one thing a woman cannot go without, I went for their classic lengthening black mascara. Switching between brands is fun, but when in doubt, Chanel is always my go-to.

Through the hustle and bustle, Downtown Crossing can be home to some very good shopping. The most important part to conquering the area and finding what you want is to keep your eyes peeled and be very patient. Boston is filled with fun and ever-changing streets; Downtown Crossing is an diverse place of urban life + stylish finds.


Boston streets - Fenway

The sweetest little thank-you notes.. It's the little things..

xx


Comments

Popular Posts