city summer


Summertime in Boston is miserable unless you have air conditioning.
If you do then good for you - someday I will have it and be one of you. If you don't have AC then you know what I'm talking about when I say Boston is a constant sauna. Even after you take five ice cold showers, you can't quite reach comfortable.

In Boston we do lots of fun things to stay cool in the Summer. Most of those things have to do with leaving this city. I grew up on the ocean in Rockport, MA, so naturally I flee the city and head to the beach when I have the time. Based on the somewhat empty streets it appears most Bostonians like to hop on the commuter rail and enjoy a day-long vacation on the coast.
New Hampshire is another destination that pulls my heart away from Boston during the summertime heat. My step dad's cabin on Province Lake is my new favorite - It is a beautiful place to put my feet up, relax and enjoy the Summer sun. Jim and I have adventured to camp four times within the past several months. The tiny cabin has truly become a home away from home - one that is much cooler than the other.
Most days I can't leave Boston, but there are definitely ways to keep cool. The mfa and movies have become my saviors on the unbearably hot and sticky days that I have off from work. The days that I have work are not too bad though - Lit has AC, whew!


Summertime 

Boston --> Rockport

 Why I come home

Why I come home no. 2, Bailey, my friend's pup

And no 3., brews on lighthouse beach

The life

City days with my other half

Arts & crafts with Mom

The xx

Inspiring jewels at the mfa

The scent and shade of Summer

 More Summer color

Samurai at the mfa


Edamamemememeyum

Province Lake at sunset - Take us back!

Everyone left except for the ducks.. and us

Visting Ms. McTavish

Jim & McT melt my heart

Thrift store finds: Citizens of Humanity Amber bootcut jeans [with tags, how did I find this?], leather Coach cross body, and a luscious velvet blazer I have yet to wear

Rainy days call for boyfriend jeans and booties

Hydrangeas from a lovely friend & photographer Meg Manion

My new tiny roommate

I adore you Greylin! A beautiful dress from Lit Boutique

More exquisite jewelry at the mfa. How did they get my crown? ;)


Hidden loves notes are the best

Film image from a recent photo shoot with Meg Manion!

xx


Comments

Popular Posts