relief

It has been one month since my last post and I'm kicking myself for it. The neglect stops now.

The Spring semester is over as of yesterday and I am relieved to say the least. 
SO relieved that I'm not even going to talk about the outrageous amounts of stress that it caused. I want to focus on the positive - the fact that I am so happy with my life and I will continue to look up from here.

Today was my first free day in the longest time. It wasn't just free from classes and work, but from any negative feelings. I woke up naturally, no alarm, feeling energized and motivated. I danced for three hours, washed the dusty floors of my little studio apartment, grabbed a few groceries from Trader Joes, and went on a journey to the bookstore. I took my time today. I NEVER take my time and that is no exaggeration. I normally rush through everything, trying to squeeze as much as possible out of every second of each day. I am afraid that if I don't use my time wisely, then it will slip away. Silly, but it's just how I am. Today was much different. I took a step back, a deep breath in and enjoyed the freedom. It felt wonderful. 



Here are a few tunes that have been on repeat for the past three days. I am planning to choreograph a few short contemporary pieces and this beautiful music is exactly what I've been searching for.

"One Night Alone" - Winterpark
"Easy To Love" - The Jezabels
"More Than Life" - Whitley
"The Last Day On Earth" - Kate Miller-Heidke
"Never Alone" - Winterpark



Recent shoot with Meg Manion Silliker of Bluelime Photography
Stilletos. Tights. Short shorts. Freezing. Too fun.


xx

Comments

Popular Posts