longing

Two years ago I came close to feeling as if I was able to fly. My mother brought me on a surprise trip across the country to Arizona where we relaxed at the beautiful spa, rode horses for hours, dined at the tastiest restaurants, and captured the breathtaking views with our little digital cameras. Although we had a great time doing all of those things, she brought me to Arizona for one purpose: to show me what it might feel like to fly. A hot air balloon ride at sunrise was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. My sister reminded me of it tonight, mentioning that maybe someday I could have my very own air balloon. It's at the top of my dream list and it will probably forever stay there. And that's perfectly fine. I just need to fly once in awhile. Not in a plane, or helicopter, or any other mechanical bird, but in a hot air ballon where flying is an entirely new feeling that you must experience in order to understand. You're so high up - so far away that every worry in the world disappears.



I long for that feeling everyday now - The feeling of flying.







xx

Comments

Popular Posts