the most important

Happiness.

This is probably the most Cliche, yet the most simple concept ever revealed. It seems most people can't learn this concept until it's almost too late to do something about it.

There will be moments in every life that are not the least bit enjoyable. But I ask, how many of these miserable moments should someone experience when they are in control of their life?

I have come to a point in my life where I have realized that some things just aren't worth it.
To be straight forward and honest, I have been treated with disrespect and the least amount of care (professionally) than any other time in my twenty years of life. It is almost laughable that I put up with some of the indecent and abusive situations that have occurred since late October. I consider myself to be lucky. I have been blessed with pressure to flourish and be fully responsible for myself since age thirteen. It was difficult, but I obviously wouldn't be who I am today if I hadn't been forced to grow up a little too early. My life has been comprised of months of bittersweet beginnings and endings, but I'm not one to let the negative overrule the positive. I take those bitter moments and create balance to make that moment even a tad sweet. I have finally come across a situation where there is no option to make sweet what is bitter. I devoted myself to several months of unhappiness and I take full responsibility for allowing my life to become a train crash of stress and anxiety (again, in professional terms).
As of Friday, I gave up. I hate giving up. I always do everything I can possibly do to make something better and most times it works. I am more than proud to admit how happy I am that I have stood up for myself, and by doing so, for others. I hope my decision just a few days ago made a mark. Maybe it didn't, but I've learned so much from my choices and I hope I have inspired past friends and coworkers to do the same - whether that means changing their job, or changing their attitude.

Unhappiness is terrible. Sometimes you don't even realize how unhappy you are until you take a small step back and simply breathe. Money, a name, a career - nothing is worth that painful unhappiness. From here on out, no matter what I do with my life, I am going to do things that bring myself and the wonderful people around me some form of enjoyment.

Do what makes you happy - even if that means losing an aspect of your life that you once enjoyed.
Happiness doesn't last forever, and neither will you. So shouldn't you try to make your short life a happy one? And what is life worth if you aren't happy?

Absolutely nothing.

Thanks again for reading - even if you don't yet understand how important it is to be happy with your life.
xx

Comments

  1. I love you!

    Even more now than I did before. Thank you for being so brave.
    Meeting you was one of the very few good things I got from that job, and the only thing I want to take with me.

    Hope to see you again soon!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the sweetest. So so happy we met.
      I will see you very soon XO

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts