lazy sunday

For most people, Sundays are spent either doing nothing or getting everything done.
Like today, most of my Sundays are are spent sleeping in, stretching, slowly getting ready for the day, running small errands, and watching old episodes of Sex & the City. Recently I took a liking to "Dirty Sexy Money." Unfortunately it was over after two short seasons. Depending on the Sunday, I will pick up the most recent issue of Vogue or Elle and admittedly spend far too many hours reading and admiring. Ballet exercises usually find a way into the afternoon as well.

Today I slept until 11a.m. For several months - before I quit my last job - I would sleep until 1 or 2p.m. I do enjoy Sundays of laziness, but sleeping in that late was not ideal. Now that I'm naturally waking up a bit earlier, I've been able to get myself together and eat breakfast at a reasonable time. This morning I hopped over to Espresso Royale Cafe, a cute and very delicious spot just a block from me. A caramel latte and warm bagel were the perfect combination. The mid afternoon sunlight that I found streaming into my apartment today was breathtaking. So while I enjoyed my latte, I took advantage of the bright sunlight and snapped a few photos of my newly arranged space.
I was also able to spend the majority of the afternoon and early evening relaxing with my very lovely boyfriend, Jim. Being lazy with him is much better than being lazy by myself. After leaving his cozy place, I ventured through Whole Foods and bought quite a few groceries. While living in Boston, I typically buy my food day to day - but it gets incredibly expensive. Doing this also means that my cabinets and fridge stay pretty empty. Now I have lots of goodies.
To end my day, I made an simple dinner and finished some reading for my American Literature class. I try not to think about classes on Sunday since I have a short, easy morning of only two classes on Monday, but I've been trying to stay on top of things this semester.
I'm ending the night with the Academy Awards and a little tiramisu.


At the top of my Sunday playlist:

1. "Illuminated" - Arto Lindsay
2. "Holocene" - Bon Iver
3. "Somebody That I Used To Know" - Gotye
4. "Hayling" - FC Kahuna
5. "We Own the Sky" - M83
6. "In the Waiting Line" - Zero 7
7. "The District Sleeps Alone tonight" - The Postal Service
8. "Twice" - Little Dragon 
9. "Missed the Boat" - Modest Mouse
10. "Glory Bound" - Martin Sexton





How do you spend your Sundays?

xx

Comments

Popular Posts