last leaves, first snow

You know it's almost winter in Boston when you can't decide if your apartment is too hot or too cold, when you walk up Beacon Hill and the wind is so harsh that you can't stop your eyes from watering, and when Starbucks starts serving peppermint cafe mochas in their classic little red cups.

Once bright and beautifully colored trees are now bare, winter boots are on display in every store window, and plaid flannel shirts have become a staple of most everyone's wardrobe.

Last week I saw the first sign of winter. Standing outside the House of Blues with the very person I would want to be with at that moment - we caught the first snowflakes. The white and far too familiar fluffy stuff gently hit the ground and realizations that winter has finally arrived filled the air. Snow is beautiful. Snow is also annoying, frustrating, and unnecessary. Snow and I - like many other things - have a love / hate relationship. But STILL, despite the negatives, it's beauty is undeniable.

I'm really going to miss October. I've had an amazing month. I hope you have, too. 
Last images of this breathtakingly gorgeous Autumn:


xx


Comments

Popular Posts