dolce vita

Most people will probably hate me for saying this, but today smelled of winter - and I loved it.

I want cold, cozy nights. Piping hot coffee. Plaid flannel shirts. Winter boots. Cold noses. Shivering toes. Snow dusted hair. Frosted windows. Thick wool socks. White Christmas lights covering all of the Back Bay. Jazz music playing in the distance. Rum filled evenings. Cashmere lined gloves.

Think of it like this if you must: The sooner winter comes, the closer we are to next spring.


Today was busy, fun, and filled with spontaneous adventure - A great start to November.
I rushed around in the morning, attending classes, reading, and drinking as much coffee as humanly possible. My afternoon was graced with familiar faces. First, my father and step mother popped into the city to bring me for delightful vietnamese lunch in Allston. The later part of my afternoon was spent with my best, Stella. Saks and LF boutique were our two main stops on our aimless adventure. LF treated me well with a gorgeous pair of black Dolce Vita ankle boots. Perfect. Shortly after our random travels, we skipped over to Allston to indulge in white wine, cheap eggo waffles, and loads of laundry. There really isn't a dull moment when I'm with my friends - even doing laundry in the sketchy laundromat on no-name street in the middle of nowhere. It's all interesting to me.
Once I got home to a sink full of glasses and an unmade bed, I knew I would once again spend a night cleaning. So I turned right around and decided it was the perfect evening for food shopping. [ I must say, Crate & Barrel is lovely late at night]. Butternut squash bisque, broccoli and green bean stir fry, tasty red apples, and blood orange italian soda were only a few of the groceries I picked up at Trader Joe's.
Today was also a great music day. I decided to leave my itunes library on shuffle - best choice I could have made. I rediscovered some old gems, and then allowed pandora to introduce me to several new. I love discovering wonderful music. Although nothing huge or life changing happened today, this day is one I hope to repeat.



xx

Comments

Popular Posts