shoebox

My dear friend Stella calls my apartment a "little shoebox." What could be better?

I'm finally feeling settled into my new place. The past two months have gone by like a flash of lightening. With hours of class, long weekends of work, finding a new job [that's another story], and having the time of my life, it's hard to find any time to put effort into my new cozy living space. Yesterday I had it. My Landlord kindly brought me a ladder, and then began my apartment craziness. Curtain rods and temporary sheer curtains are finally up thanks to the gigantic ladder, and a little determination. And I didn't even fall off the ladder - miracle. Five hours of my afternoon were not only spent hanging curtains, but also ironing them, washing my floors, dusting every surface and corner, risking my life by cleaning my impossible-to-reach ceiling fan, and finally placing my huge mirror above the fireplace. 

Feeling accomplished or not, the reality is that I still have many other things to buy. My list includes a large area rug, an even taller mirror, huge black picture frames for several black prints, a yet to be discovered white upholstered chair or love seat, a small bookshelf, knobs for my kitchen cabinets, and the perfect bowl for holding my keys and mail.

In the mean time I am still enjoying my cozy, yet slightly empty and understated apartment.

The mid afternoon sunlight was absolutely stunning ~


xx

Comments

  1. From what I can see it is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this looks lovely! i can't wait to see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts