don't panic

Starting my day at 7AM isn't exactly ideal - but I really can't complain. My trip to the green line every morning is quick, easy and usually painless. Whether I take Copley or Hynes to Park, there is a Starbucks always conveniently waiting for my drink order. Coffee is the perfect start to a day.. so again, my point: Complain? Nope, no reason.

After several hours of classes [Public relations &20th Century European Women], I grabbed a delicious bagel sandwich from Espresso Royal Cafe on Newbury with my step mother and a close friend of hers. After lunch, iced tea, and some intelligent conversation, I headed to Deluca's market where I picked up the biggest bottle of seltzer water I could find. For some reason I love seltzer water. It's just like soda - without the sugar or calories. Lovely! 

Once the energy from my lunch kicked in, I went shopping again. It's a terrible addiction of mine. Today I decided I would go to only one store: Bobbles and Lace, a small, adorable boutique close by my small, adorable apartment. 

After briefly talking with the sweet girl working in the boutique, I examined almost every piece of jewelry and clothing in the place! I am quite picky with every single thing I buy and I'm going to continue to be picky while living on such a tempting street. I bought three lovely items.

1. A raspberry red top [paired with my new black Allsaints jeans purchased just yesterday]


2. A deep red alligator skin purse



3. Another designer-inspried ring


I have to say I am very happy with my purchases today. I desperately need to watch my spending while living on Newbury street, but what's a girl to do when a beautiful red purse catches her eye? Or when a new ring is calling her name? I need to do some thinking...

I also need to stop buying such dark clothing. I always say this and I will probably never change my personal style - which includes deep, dark tones - but at least I am aware of my issues with purchasing certain items of clothing and accessories. The majority of my clothing is black, white, or various tones of grey. I'm currently on a red kick.. clearly seen above. Hey! At least I'm not afraid of color.. kind of. 


After my long day of class, conversation and spending, I am happy to be home in my little apartment. I spent this evening watching ballet videos and practicing ballet on my temporary dance floor. That reminds me - I need to start looking for more furniture. With my feet exhausted, back throbbing, and shoulders screaming, nothing feels better than to sit and RELAX. [I need to do more of this relaxing thing]. 

Pinkberry mango frozen yogurt for dinner, fruit for dessert - I'm feeling pretty lucky.
The rest of my night includes doing the dishes with Coldplay, reading a few articles from today's Globe, and settling down with an old comfy sweatshirt, hot cup of tea, and Last Night.

I hope you all have a cozy, carefree and lovely evening.


I leave you with this:



xx


Comments

Popular Posts