buried treasure

Clutches, clutches, clutches. I just cannot have enough.

Bananas, a vintage/thrift/consignment shop located in Gloucester MA is an absolute treasure chest. Right as you walk into this tiny, cramped shop, you see why it truly is a treasure chest. Packed with limitless costume jewelry, sequined vintage gowns, tens of hat boxes [and hats, of course], countless leather purses, and racks of blazers and sweaters, Bananas will always deliver.
Occasionally I find myself getting so lost in the racks and display cases that I sadly walk out with nothing. Fortunately this past week was different. Staying focused and on my game, I found myself very pleased. In addition to two very cute cutoff tops, I found four clutches. Buried in a small display case, these clutches were waiting to be discovered. I was lucky enough to be the girl to find them. Curious of a seemingly neglected pile of scarves and bags, I asked the owner to kindly pull tens of items out of this overlooked display case. To my surprise, I was not only in love with one or two bags, but FOUR. Each clutch tells a story. And I get to be the girl to continue their story.


One is very simple and chic, with the perfect pale pink tone and darling gold clasp. Another, which I am currently using to carry makeup, shows a slightly worn floral pattern on the outside, and reveals old age and history on the inside. Showcasing faded jewel tones and a girly flare, it makes my beautiful makeup seem boring and lifeless. The other two clutches are made of black velour. They scream "check me out," but not in an obnoxious or pretentious way. Each with metallic thread and sparkling beads, they will go perfectly with a simple, understated outfit. 

I will hold onto these beautiful pieces of treasure forever.


One is missing a stone. I am determined to find the perfect little gemstone to stitch in its place and make it my own. 

xx.

Comments

Popular Posts