springtime bliss

I love Boston. I love the people, the beautiful architecture, the thick, smokey air, and the hundreds of places waiting to be discovered. Today was a great day, especially because it took place in this wonderful city of Boston. 

Where to begin.. Well, last night started this day off perfectly. At 8 p.m, I met my friend Courtney for a cup of coffee at thinkingcup. We sipped delicious, specialty made drinks and held great conversation. We continued the night with our good friends Asara and Ann - and two bottles of white wine. We played cards, listened to terrible mainstream hip hop music (a guilty pleasure), and continued to be the silly people we love to be. After a couple of unmentionable adventures, our final destination was the tennis court on the Boston Common. Courtney and I decided to play frisbee with a few others who were already well into multiple, far too intense games. Being our ballerina selves, we whipped out double pirouettes every few minutes in the middle of the tennis court. The night ended shortly after.

I must mention how great it is to have a friend who is also a ballerina and loves dance just as much as I do.

Since last night continued into this morning, I knew today was going to be a great day. I finished two more classes for the semester and had both breakfast &lunch with some of my favorites. After lunch, Courtney and I headed out into the bright, BEAUTIFUL weather. We spent hours gallivanting Newbury Street, browsing stores such as Allsaints Spitalfields, LF Boston, LIT Boutique, and Madewell. We stopped to grab some rooibos iced tea from thinkingcup, then met with some other friends to finally relax in the Boston Common. I brought my huge floral quilt for the ground and laptop for the much needed music. 
For the next two hours, we enjoyed the company of several friends and bathed in the warm, gorgeous weather. Eventually the sun set and we headed in to end the day.

I assumed my wonderful day was unfortunately over once we went inside, but I quickly learned that my night would get even better. 
Josh, my boyfriend, surprised me in the city with two delicious cannolis from the North End. I thought he was already home, resting from a long day at work - but to my surprise, he drove his exhausted, handsome self to my doorstep. We sat in his car, devoured two delicious cannolis, and enjoyed each others company for a short amount of time before he needed to head home. This little tiny surprise meant the world to me. 

Courtney brought her SLR to capture this glorious afternoon:


xx.

Comments

Popular Posts