retail happiness

The Spring semester at Suffolk University is coming to a close, which means my stress level is at an all time high. Between waitressing four days a week, and classes &school work almost everyday, I barely have time to sleep. My eyes have deep, dark circles, my hair is an absolute mess with far too long roots, and I am even forgetting to eat. I guess this is what I've paid for by continuing my education.. but really.. I need a break. I am happy to say that this semester is almost over. I have two days of classes left, and a total of three finals. I have completed all of my large papers and various assignments. I took my public speaking final yesterday evening and the rest of my final exams will be completed by Tuesday, May 3rd. This coming Saturday is the day that I'm moving my life from Boston back to my hometown of Rockport, MA. I have already moved about half of my wardrobe, but there is so much more to pack. I am not looking forward to the actual move, however I am looking forward to Spring cleaning. I cannot wait to sort and organize my wardrobe. It is always fun and exciting to really look at all of my clothing, especially because I am bound to find some pieces that I have neglected or forgotten. Going through my wardrobe also gives me an excuse to donate some items that I will no longer use.. and then buy some beauties to replace them.

After my first final exam yesterday evening, I decided to reward my hard work with a new bottle of perfume. Normally I don't need to "reward" myself, but I feel the need to justify random purchases that I honestly do not need. I have been craving Chloe Eau de Parfum ever since my Vietnamese roommate sprayed a sample of Chloe while I was sitting next to her. I instantly fell in love with the pretty smell. I normally wear Chanel Allure or Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, but this perfume is a nice change. It is less harsh &musky than Chanel.. A little sweet, with a fruity edge. I stormed into Macy's and bought the biggest bottle of Chloe I could find. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Yesterday was also the day that Allsaint Spitalfields began their mid-Spring sale. Once I got the early morning email, my heart sunk. Allsaints rarely has a sale this wonderful. I wanted to hit the store yesterday afternoon, but my crazy schedule wouldn't give me any time to spare. Luckily today was the perfect day to venture over to Newbury Street. After my only morning class, I pampered a little, grabbed a hot cup of coffee, and took a much needed stroll to Newbury Street. Allsaints could not have pleased me more. The white shirt I have been wanting was on sale - although it is not on sale online. After about an hour, I bought a flowing white knit top, dark wash skinny jeans, and a dark wash demin mini-skirt (perfect for the beach when paired with the long white top). The last stop of my long afternoon shopping trip was Victoria's Secret. I tend not to spend a ton of money on lingerie (shoes come first), but I think it was the gorgeous warm weather that inspired me to buy a new gorgeous lacy bra. Let me tell you - a new sexy bra feels amazing - just amazing.




Boston Spring!


New bottle of Chloe


Self pic in the Allsaints dressing room
[Although you cannot see, I am wearing Revlon, "Pink Velvet" lipstick]

xx.

Comments

  1. These photos are STUNNING!! Loving your blog. <3

    xx Laura

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts