thinkingcup

Just a couple months ago, my friend Marian and I went on a coffee date to the cutest new coffee bar in the heart of Boston, thinkingcup. It is a quaint, hip coffee-lovers sanctuary located only half a block away from where I live on Tremont Street. I drink Americanos on a regular basis and boy do these baristas know how to make a delicious, consistent cup of coffee. I was a barista for several years at a little seaside cafe back home, and I can honestly say that these baristas are excellent at what they do. An Americano, for those who do not know, is basically watered down espresso - a little stronger than brewed coffee. I have tried many cafés and coffee bars and usually I can find a little something wrong with my drink - either the espresso is too bitter, a little burnt, or not strong enough. Thinkingcup never ceases to please me. I have yet to consume a weak or bitter cup of coffee. Earlier this morning I spoke to the barista who made my drink. We discussed their espresso and the unique, fresh flavor that it has. They use "Stumptown Coffee," an independent coffee company originally out of Portland Oregon, roasting facility now in Brooklyn, New York. For a coffee drinker, this coffee tastes like heaven in a cup. It's almost inspiring - it really does make you think.

I must also mention that thinkingcup sells homemade muffins, croissants, brioche and various baked goods throughout the day. Their pastry selection is unthinkable (pardon the pun), which makes it very difficult to walk by their beautiful pastry arrangements on a daily basis. Their lunch menu is bistro-esque, including an amazing peppercorn turkey sandwich on a ciabatta roll, with fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, spinach, mayonnaise, and a balsamic reduction. My mouth is watering just thinking about the strong flavors this simple sandwich holds. The always fresh baked scents, beautiful crema designs, dark, hip and cozy atmosphere - even the edgy staff gives a delightful overall experience every time.


cafe mocha &chocolate croissant


double americano &blueberry muffin


xo.


Comments

Popular Posts