moments of silence

My Spring break was anything but a break. I worked a fifty hour week - marketing temp at a professional office by day, food runner at a cozy, hip restaurant by night. While my friends were spending excessive amounts of money, I was making it. Luckily, the last two days of my short, insanely busy break were peaceful and pretty inspiring. I was able to sit and relax by myself - which doesn't happen very often - and think about my life and the next steps I'm going to take in terms of where I want to live next Fall and what I want to do with my time this coming Summer. Late Saturday morning I drove over to Tuck's Point in Manchester, MA to sit alone, drink my massive cup of coffee, and write with no interruption. I was happy to find absolutely no one at this beautiful ocean side spot. Normally there are a few people milling around, but not on this day. I sat silently on a bench for quite awhile, enjoying the ocean breeze and absence of city noise. The cool, crisp spring air brought me clarity and the the bright sun made me extraordinarily happy. It's funny how those simple gifts of nature can make a person feel so great.

Enjoy the beauty of nature ~ Reflect on your life ~ Change what needs be ~ Find joy in what you have
And appreciate those rare moments of complete silence


Sitting at Tuck's Point


New addition to my small RayBan family





Lipstick: No name from a cute, little shop in Newburyport, MA. I bought only one tube last spring, but loved the color so much that I went back and bought two more. The color is "Shy Rose."

xo.

Comments

  1. let's plan a shoot here. and what shop did you get the lipstick at i love it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, let's! it's a little shop on main street. if you are walking up main street, pass starbucks on your left, cross over to the right side of the street and it's a few shops up. they also sell oils, soaps, etc. if i think of the name i'll let you know xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts