someone told me

"I am told that destiny makes fun of us. That it promises everything and gives us nothing."

From Carla Bruni's Quelqu'un M'a Dit

I first heard this song while watching 300 Days of Summer - It was love at first listen.
Eventually I took the time to translate the lyrics as best I could. Rather than finding the English translation online, I tediously went through the entire song over and over again, word for word. 


I don't believe in destiny. I believe in creating your life and living it however you see fit. Sometimes life brings some terrible times. Some wonderful times. Heartbreak. Loss. Love. Happiness. Defeat. You make your own destiny. And I choose to make a life where I may be disappointed by others, but I will never disappoint myself. It's true - destiny promises everything. Most people believe destiny brings happiness. But in the end, destiny gives us absolutely nothing.

Choose your destiny. No one else will do it for you. And if someone tries to, don't let them. Life will be better knowing you got yourself where you want to be.

But if someone wants to join you, let them. Life is better when you share it with the people you love.

xx




Comments

Popular Posts